In This Episode
The Book Evangelists discuss NaNoWriMo 2021 plus their own novel plans, preparations and community building.
What else have you been reading lately? Often, not what I’m supposed to be reading!
Lissa is reading Mickey7 by Edward Ashton (forthcoming, Feb 2022)
Marian is reading Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa
Personal preparations for NaNoWriMo
- How many years have you started NaNoWriMo? How many years have you won?
- How is November NaNo different than Camp NaNo?
- How do you approach NaNo differently now than you did when you first started doing it?
- How do you approach NaNoPrep traditionally vs this year?
- What are we doing this year compared to other years and why might it work or not?
Community building preparations for NaNoWriMo
- What are all the things you have done as an ML?
- What are the things you have done for other writers?
- What are all the things you have done for yourself?
Next episode: Marian and Lissa will be busy writing their novels in November. Obviously. But coming in December, we will report back on our NaNoWriMo adventures. Plus, Marian and Lissa are probably maybe joining and/or starting a new book discussion group which is reading The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells. And also discussing the book here. Because discussing books with friends is AMAZING.
Pssst! Want to See Something Cool?
Marian’s first book A Little Touch of Magic is now available! There are fairies. Someone has a tail. Must be a fairytale. Buy it wherever books are sold, especially for the middle grade fantasy readers in your life.
Our Show Notes include mentions and recommendations, all linked for your convenience. What else would you like to see here?
Music Credit: The music used during transitions in our podcast is adapted from: Jazzy Sax, Guitar, and Organ at the club by Admiral Bob (c) copyright 2018 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/admiralbob77/58382 Ft: geoffpeters